We are proud to announce the release of HRM 3.3! This release offers several new features such as chromatic aberration correction, SPIM deconvolution, GPU support, template import from data files and Huygens Suite, a much faster and powerful OMERO connector and much more!
Major new features in HRM 3.3
- Create image templates from an image file
- Import image templates from Huygens microscopy templates (.hgsm)
- Import restoration templates from Huygens restoration templates (.hgsd)
- Add support for GPU deconvolution
- Add support for SPIM deconvolution
- Add chromatic aberration correction
- Faster and more powerful OMERO connector:
- Complete rewrite in Python using the native OMERO API
- Support for downloading multiple files at once from OMERO
- Support for OMERO image previews
- Status caching and on-demand loading to greatly speed up OMERO tree loading times
- Support for OMERO users and groups hierarchy
- Upload of HRM parameters along the deconvolved result images to OMERO
- More interactive user interface (dialogs and status messages)
- Add group authentication for Active Directory and generic LDAP
- Add BigTIFF file formats “btf”, “tf2” and “tf8”
- Support for 6 channels
- New LSB-compliant HRM init and Queue Manager scripts
- Remove deprecated ‘change_ownership’ variable
The following issues were fixed:
- Clean stuck jobs from the queue on Queue Manager restart
- Fix links to help pages for STED parameters
- Fix issue with template names longer than 30 characters
- Fix issue with processing server names longer than 30 characters
- Remove dependency on php5-mysql when PostgreSQL is used
- Fix broken icon links in Results/Preview section
- Fix issue with the file upload button
- Some more minor bug fixes
Minimum Huygens Core version required
For GPU- and SPIM-deconvolution support, HuCore version 15.10 is required. Otherwise, the same minimum requirement applies as for HRM 3.2 (14.6.1p7).
The user manual was updated to cover the new chromatic aberration, SPIM and GPU features, and the new template import functionalities.
HRM upgrade instructions
The detailed upgrade instructions can be found here. The upgrade procedure should not take more than a few minutes!
You can download HRM 3.3 from the official download page!